Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A Christmas Miracle

I had a great day yesterday, skiing, enjoying snow and mountains and good friends.  Almost Christmas, friends and family seem more important than usual.  Jesus is in my thoughts even more than He is normally.  It is a special time of year.

I did a strange thing this year at the beginning of December.  I asked Jesus to make this a very special Christmas for me.  I didn’t ask Him to make sure I received lots of presents, or even any presents.  It wasn’t my favourite meal or a white Christmas.  I asked that I would see and experience Christmas again as a small child experiences Christmas.  I asked that this Christmas I would be immersed in the wonder of what happened 2000 years ago in Bethlehem.  I asked the Lord to allow me to experience Christmas in the magical way a five year old experiences Christmas.  That was my Christmas wish, my Christmas prayer, this year.  I know, it is a lot to ask, but I asked it. 

So what happened?  Joy happened.  Unspeakable joy.  Every Christmas carol fills me with joy.  Emotion wells up within me.  Every thought of Christmas is joyous, magical, incredible.  The Lord answered my prayer, a prayer I didn’t think could be answered, and I am once again experiencing the wonder of Christmas as a child.  I struggle to even try and convey the sense of wonder and joy I have this Christmas, the sense of God’s presence with me, the awe of what He has done in giving us a Saviour, Christ the King.  Merry Christmas.  May yours be as glorious as the one I am experiencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment