Friday, February 5, 2010

Ups and Downs

I love to drive, find it quite relaxing. During the last couple of weeks we drove to San Diego, California and back without a mishap, without any problems, with easy driving and mainly good weather. We arrived home yesterday.  It was a great trip. This morning I left the house at 6:50 am to drive to Manning Park Resort where I teach skiing on Fridays.  I wasn’t five minutes from the house, just on to the freeway, when a big rock appeared out of the darkness and hit my windshield.  BANG.  In the dark I couldn’t see anything, but as the sun began to rise I could see a nice, big set of rings on my windshield where the rock hit.  We drove over 5,000 trouble free kilometres to California and back, but I couldn’t get 5 kilometres from our home!  It’s just life.  Bad things happen, good things happen.  Life happens.  And where was Jesus, my Saviour through all this?  Right with me, all the time, every moment, looking after me.  He said He’d do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment