Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Changing the Past

Yesterday I was playing around with a digital picture.  It was a beautiful picture taken during the winter in the mountains of British Columbia.  In the picture I was standing on my snowboard with spectacular mountain spires behind me.  For fun I changed the picture a bit.  I exchanged the face of one of my friends for mine in the picture.  My friend doesn’t snowboard, but that’s not a problem.  Now he has a beautiful picture of himself snowboarding in BC.  That’s one of the things you can do digitally and easily.  You can change a picture to be whatever you want it to be.  You can change your pictures so they look however you want them to look.  In a way, you can change the past so that it fits what you want to remember.  You can digitally make your dreams come true.

It’s so easy to play with digital images and change them.  You know, many people would really like to do that with life itself.  Change the past, re-write it, make the future different.  We often dream about what might be, what could be, what we would like our future to look like.  Sometimes we can work hard and our dreams come true.  Other times our dreams are impossible dreams.  They’re dreams we know will never come true.  That’s probably okay, as long as we don’t begin to live in our impossible dreams and become disappointed when they don’t come to pass.  I think that’s one of the reasons why many people are unhappy.  Life has not turned out they way they had dreamed it would be. They dream about what could be, might be, but it is often an impossible dream.  But they live in the dream, so they can never be happy with the present, with reality. 

When we truly live in Christ, when Jesus is our Saviour and best friend, we can be content, happy, joyful with the present, trusting Jesus that all is as He wants it to be and trusting Him to use every circumstance to change us into what He wants us to be.  I’m so glad that Jesus helps me live the joyful life He wants for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment