Thursday, January 11, 2018

No New Year’s Resolutions

The year has changed.  For me, just a number, nothing more, nothing less.  I don’t wait for the new year to make resolutions or changes or turn over a new leaf.  Neither do I live for the moment with no thought of tomorrow.  Then what do I do?

As life moves on and changes we need to change.  It is so easy to get caught up in the past, in memories of the good old days, in the glory of past victories or the pain of past defeat.  But those things are behind and should be left there.  Learn lessons from mistakes and failures and successes, but move forward.  Is a change needed?  If so, make the change now, today, don’t wait for a new year.  New Year’s resolutions seldom last more than a few weeks.  They are usually made on a whim with little thought.  When change is needed make a plan, think through what needs to be done, take steps forward.  Change takes determination and a good plan.  It also has more success when you have the help and support of others.  If we would listen, it is often others, our friends, who are trying to tell us change is needed.  Listen to them.  Most importantly I listen to my Saviour, Jesus, as I pray.  He is the filter for my thoughts and the one I look to when I need help to change.  And I count on my friends for support when change is needed.

I have no New Year’s resolutions.  Instead I make constant corrections to my life.  Don’t postpone a needed change, do it now, today.  Make a plan, get help from others, and most importantly, seek Jesus and let Him help you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment