Thursday, June 14, 2012

Wholly Devoted to Jesus

I love to ski.  I have great skis, boots and other gear.  I read about skiing, watch skiing videos and talk to friends about skiing and how much I enjoy it.  I try to get better by practice and attention to technique.  I  enjoy skiing and look forward to every moment on the slopes.  How about my faith in Jesus, do I do the  same? 

I love Jesus.  I love to spend time with Him, to talk with Him, to read about Him in the Bible.  I want to tell others what He is doing in my life and I want to let Him show me how to live life to the fullest.  I want to be truly His.  Jesus told us that there is no middle ground to knowing Him.  I am either totally His or not His at all.  There isn't a spectrum of being a Christian extending from "nominal" to zealous.  You either are a Christian, Jesus is your master and Saviour, or you are not a Christian.  Those are not my rules, that's what Jesus said.  He said that if He wasn't the most important thing in my life then I am not His, not a Christian.  He has to have first place in my life.  If I am a Christian, then my devotion to Jesus is first and absolutely everything else comes after that.  If I say I am a Christian, and don't believe that, then I need to take a good look at what I profess to believe.

It seems many people today think that Jesus is a means to and end, a way to get to heaven or someone to make your life work well.  Jesus is not a means to an end.  If Jesus calls you to follow Him, then He must be the goal of your life.  In our materialistic society, where everything is out there for my convenience, this isn’t a really popular idea.  But if you want to be a Christian, you follow and obey Christ.  It’s all about Jesus, not all about me.  That’s what Jesus taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment